Nah, only kidding. Still same old stuff.
Startling And Amazing News - NB Updates Tickers
(14 posts) (9 voices)
sod off :-)
- I am really enjoying seeing my Cameron quote enduring (for a change), along with that lovely one GingerClive did on the 'endless reign'. Some of the others are new.
Yup, the 'endless reign' one is funny and clever. But I've read it now. Several times. Many times in fact. And even I can now remember all of it, word-for word.
That's the thing with tickers - once you've read them, you've read them and you can usually remember them, so you need to renew / replace them much more frequently than a full NIB or FP.
once you've read them, you've read them
Irreproachable logic, sir...
'tis a fair point.
Mind you, Joe Public might not revisit the site as often as us writers.
We have readers? Well I never...
hopeless fantasist, that Squudge.
I would ask for your money back, Titus. I mean, if this site was free, and those working on it were doing it for no reward whatsoever, with their only feedback being from some old git complaining every now and then that the tickers haven't been changed, then you could understand. But seeing as you are forced to part with your hard-earned money for... Oh no, it is free and all the above is correct. I think we can forgive them a little bit then. Or at least mention in a more polite fashion instead of the snide, sarcastic tone you seem to think is OK
Good point re readers. I forget that. Also there has to be a ready supply of great tickers to be able to constantly refresh. I certainly haven't written any for bloody ages has anyone else?
We have writers? Well I never...
Ticker acquires Grade II* listed status. NB management risk prosecution if they contravene this preservation order.
National Trust starts fundraising campaign in order to acquire Newsbiscuit ticker bar for the nation.
Tickers are now being renewed, as my recent "Torvill & Dean win gold" headline is now appearing there. Whoo hoo!
We need a ticker transplant for sure
I dunno, I see continuous improvement.
1. There seem to be MORE tickers up (so a better variety).
2. Some of 'em are new (spotted the ATOS Shumacher on has gone up, plus good/bad/ugly one's on AntorDec's digit ...so we had a refresh yesterday)
3. Some of the really good ones stay up for longer - I enjoy that
Sort of makes sense to have a rolling set, rather than empty the bin every day for the sake of it. Though I'd welcome a daily/48hr refesh on the 'write for NewsBiscuit' dit (make it a Simpsons challenge) - as that one seems the most tedious when it lingers.
This would be my 'tickers rules':
- two new tickers every day minimum (pref 3, if 3 sentient Biscuits were awake and posted that day)
- addtional 1-2 really hilarious ones stay up 2-5 days
- new 'write for NewsBiscuit' gag every day (2 days if very funny)
You must log in to post.