The BBC today announced the list of 10 candidates for this year's Sports Personality of the Year.
'The contest will be really exciting,' said Clare Balding, who is contractually obliged to be on every sporting event on every channel. 'It's wide open - any one of the nominees could win. We know that viewers will be on the edge of their seats waiting to see who has won this year!'
The full list is:
1. A bloke who rides a bike
2. A girl who plays tennis
3. A man who plays cricket
4. Someone who boxes
5. A kid who falls off a diving board
6. Another bloke who rides a bike
7. Someone who plays football (mandatory category)
8. Someone connected with royalty
9. A snooker player (to make up the numbers)
10. Andy Murray