ITV's popular 'An Audience With...' series will feature the former Bank of England Governor regaling celebrity guests about his decade long career at the Old Lady of Threadneedle Street. Highlights include:
- The double dip that wasn't
- The contents of his monthly letters to the Chancellor explaining why inflation was still above the target rate
- The pros and cons of liquidity
- Making friends and enemies in the financial sector
- Cash or bonds? The never ending debate about the best investment
Producer Sally Roberts, said, "It's great we have a financial giant like Mervyn King, he brings a different twist to a popular series. We've had Cilla, Brucie and Freddie Starr, but Mervyn is the one we really wanted."
She denied reports that former RBS Chairman, Fred 'The Shred' Goodwin will be a special guest on the show.