A spate of hospital admissions of people with shampoo bottles wedged up their anus has led to a public warning about the danger posed by taking shampoo bottles and soap into the shower.
“Every week we get people in the Emergency Department who have slipped on soap and fallen backwards onto a shampoo bottle” said Mercy hospital spokesman Quentin Johnson. “You would think it would be a million to one chance that any one slipping over in the shower would get a shampoo bottle stuck up their bottom, but some gentlemen have been unlucky enough to have it happen multiple times. It is like the shampoo bottle is magnetically attracted to the anus.”
Mr Johnson says that the safest thing to do is simply not to take shampoo bottles and soap into the shower in the first place. “And don’t leave the bottles around young children either – they might be silly enough to stick it up their bottoms on purpose.”