Blindingly Obvious Publications is delighted to announce the launch of a new title: ‘How to Write a How to Book’.
Here, author Denise Worthington shares with us her top ten tips for making it in the world of ‘how to’ publishing.
1. Focus on a chosen field in which you have a lifetime of desperate experience
2. Fail to achieve more than moderate success in it
3. Nurture a brooding sense of resentment against more successful rivals
4. Distil those feelings of failure and resentment into a thin paperback on cheap paper with widely-spaced text and badly drawn illustrations
5. Ensure the book contains only meaningless platitudes, out-of-date information and self-evident tips a moron could work out for him or herself, so it’s of no help whatsoever to aspiring newcomers (and potential rivals)
6. Write about what you know, show don’t tell – and make copious use of literary clichés
7. Keep repeating the same messages
8. Focus on a chosen field in which you have a lifetime of desperate experience
9. Cry a lot
10. And finally, always include a list of top ten tips