A compulsory levy should be introduced to fund a universal socialism for all citizens in England, Labour says.
It said the move would represent the biggest shake-up since Stalin re-arranged a few disparate countries into the glorious USSR and end the "cruel lottery" of democracy currently in place.
But ministers refused to be drawn on how much and when people should pay, saying a secret commission would be set up to look at this if they remain in power.
The subject is now likely to become a key issue during the election campaign.
In a statement to News Biscuit, Gordon Brown said,
“Given that almost 80% of all people in England are already employed by the state or on benefit, it’s a logical step that we finally remove the remaining 20% of fat-cat capitalists and create my dream of the United Socialist Kingdom.
More on this story later