Topic — Add New » Comments Votes Author Freshness
BBC4 to be saved in e-petition deal for return of the death penalty. 5
nickb 3 years

In a deal aimed at dividing the loyalties of liberal TV watchers, the government has offered the BBC funds to save BBC 4, after massive support in an online petition. But the condition is the...

Labour MPs urge Miliband to join strike action. 0
SingingHinny 3 years
Teachers strike action "Last day this term is likely date. Or first day of next" 0
dvo4fun 3 years

More days off soon...

Stewed: The bitter truth about Monkey and Al (PG rated) 0
vertical 3 years

someone put kettle on...

USA press charges against remaining Guantanamo prisoners, then detonate them. 4
pinxit 3 years
Dutch woman blames 65,000 calls on stalk-stalk billing error 0
charlies_hat 3 years
Fewer MPs relief for man who sits next to Eric Pickles 0
ianslat 3 years
Grow your Own Sophie Dahl kits to be banned 0
nickb 3 years

The gardening idyll of a little shed in which everyone could grow their own Sophie Dahl may well be a pipe dream, after Law Lords decided two to one that growing “Dahl”, even for private use,...

Home too small for a TV? Write for newsbiscuit 0
martin2381 3 years
Debt riddled clockwork toy manufacturer faces winding up order 6
Iamthestig 3 years
B&Q enter housing market with 'flatpack homes' 0
martin2381 3 years

The B&Q CEO has admitted that they have been looking at this for some time. 'We have been watching the DIY market expand and after the nation's architects slammed the size of current homes we...

Daily Star column - I Don't Know How He Does her - to be made into film 0
ronseal 3 years

I Don't Know How He Does Her - the regular newspaper column that commiserates with Alison Pearson's husband, is to be made into a film. Ronnie Corbett is to play the long suffering husband, with...

Operation gets a big toes up 3
beau-jolly 3 years
Tinker, Tailor, Shepherd, Spy. Secrets of MI5 cookbook revealed. 7
nickb 3 years
Death of a salesman (or two) as Tesco's porkies are exposed 1
spoole2112 3 years

Advertising gurus at omnipresent retailers Tesco were condemned today after making a pigs ear out of a recent campaign to promote the company's latest range of organic sausages. Having been called to...

Samaritans decide not to outsource calls in call centre in pakistan 1
tonyhill 3 years

The Samaritans having been trialing using a call centre in pakistan to take calls from people considering suicide., A spokesman said it was going well until they put in a test call pretending to be...

Greece! You're the one that we don't want, the one that we don't want, o, o, oo 6
Awkward Facts 3 years

From the new musical: Greece! [i]Angie Merkel and Nicky Sarkozy are on stage singing and dancing around Georgie Papandreou. AM (pirouettes)[/i]:, You got bills., They're multiplyin'., And...

Woman 'called boyfriend 65,000 times' being blamed for telecoms company collapse 0
simonjmr 3 years

A Dutch woman who called a man 65,000 times in the past year - an average of 178 calls a day - is due in court later to face charges causing the collapse of a Dutch Telecoms company after she stopped...

Stepping Hill ruling, "to be taken with a pinch of salt" 0
beau-jolly 3 years
Old Mother Hubbard & the Little Old Lady who lived in a shoe slam todays houses 0
simonjmr 3 years
Underwear Bomber shouts "Gordon's alive" on entering court 0
simonjmr 3 years

Followed by "Despatch war rocket Ajax" and "Flash! Flash! I love you! But we only have 14 hours to save the earth!!!!" More soon...

Shoebox homes to have one room made entirely of Silica Gel 0
Iamthestig 3 years
Rescued dog thrown back in river 7
Gerontius 3 years

An elderly lady from Cookham Lock in Berkshire has complained to the BBC after a dog she was trying to drown in the River Thames was rescued by comedian David Walliams., The dog, a Labrador bitch by...

Dorset county council announces 'blitz on potholes' 0
writinginbsl 3 years

not sure it will work (the joys of county council newsletters)...

Dahl family launch 'landscape our garden as well' appeal 3
writinginbsl 3 years

must think we are Twits...

N.I.C.E to recommend laughter as the best medicine 0
beau-jolly 3 years

Researchers at Oxford University have demonstrated that pain thresholds increase by up to 15% following a good belly laugh., Following the green light from N.I.C.E, trails of humour have begun...

Dahl family member arrested over drugs found at chocolate factory 1
Screenie 3 years
Re-drawing of constituency boundaries ‘perfect opportunity to reclaim Empire’ 0
Long Distance Clara 3 years

The re-drawing of constituency boundaries in England and Wales could pave the way for a radical reclaiming of foreign territories and the return of Great Britain to its seat of global power, say...

‘Fake orgasm detector is almost there’ say boffins 5
Gerontius 3 years

A team of research scientists at Bradford University have finally developed a high-resolution thermal imaging sensor that can accurately tell if a sexual partner is faking her regular Friday night...

Sepp Blatter "Its gonna take a big paper bag to get me to step down" 0
grottymonty 3 years

more bungs soon...