Topic — Add New » Comments Author Freshness
Lying about our age already, NB?! 2 The All New Jeni B 4 years

Didn't NB have a birthday recently? Spotted the 2nd Birthday wishes over in archives, and it would appear that you've let your 4th go by without mention. Worried about the wrinkles already?,...

Nice FP Ludo 2 Scroat 4 years

I'm sure they'll spell your name right eventually. A good example of how a one liner can be expanded to full effect...

Wonderful archive FP, Skylarking! 1 rickwestwell 4 years

"Commuter instantly regrets buying ‘promotional’ half-price gnu at WH Smiths checkout" - one of my all-time faves, thanks for dredging it up, archive trawler!...

Anyone catch the Today Programme this morning? 9 Scroat 4 years

A German woman was convinced that her dog's poo cooked in her microwave and made into a necklace was the next big thing. Now shoot me down in flames if I'm mistaken here, but I would suggest the...

Oh No! I've been moderated by the BBC 12 ramblesid 4 years

I've just noticed that my entry in the caption competition, in the magazine part of the news section on the BBC web site, has been deleted for being racist or offensive., The caption was -"The...

We could use this new forum to start a NB soap - 2 37 Quaz 4 years

Now that we can start a new topic and sub into it without cluttering up the rest of the board, we could have topics for various collaborative writing efforts, eg. a soap or an ongoing story or a...

As a very occasional contributor to these distinguished pages . . . 14 theumpire 4 years

Nice Adminnie, As a very occasional contributor to these distinguished pages, I find that no one notices me; I am constantly ignored by the "regulars" and feel like the little man in the flat cap...

Buiscionary 5 Scroat 4 years

Here's some oft-bandied jargon. Please feel free to add to the list. Badger fisting Botting chains Ferret fingering Frozen fist Fridays Joan Bloggs Lucky Pierre Puffin Twatting Queasing...

Nice FP, Mary. 6 bang2rights 4 years

It's your 'ormones, dear. . ...

Not been on much since Ludo's airport FP, so just catching up 0 jp1885 4 years

Well done to Mary, Rich T, Rizzo, Des, and Mr. Searle for your spiffing FPs!...

there is not a lot you can say about it all, really, is there? 0 PluckyMunky 4 years
Pleas for calm amid Chile rubble 0 bang2rights 4 years

It's the catchily rhythmic headline that is currently on the BBC front page. If you say it quickly, it sounds like a fart in the bath...

Call me pedantic but 19 MrChigleysAunt 4 years

the Tags field at the foot of the New Topic form says "(comma seperated)", not "comma separated" (or should it be comma-separated?. Yes, children are starving around the World and people are blowing...

The Incredible Shrinking Forum Font? 7 sauce 4 years

[size=4]Or maybe I just need new glasses? [/size]...

"Writers' Room" still bad when you select a string of Chat. 2 rikkor 4 years

If you give me edit authority to the site, I'll make everything at least consistently right or wrong...

Hello everyone 10 PluckyMunky 4 years

i hope most of you are in reasonable shape...

Thank you, Lord Jesus! (Redacted.) 1 rikkor 4 years

Writers' Room is fixed. Update: still wrong when you select a string of Chat...

Original, witty FP. Good work, Rizzo! 4 rikkor 4 years

I assume that you are a newbie. (Or, maybe a hydra-headed, multi-named oldie?) Either way, very funny...

Does anyone miss the scoring system? 11 ronseal 4 years

It might have been brutal, but we knew where we were in them days...

Ahem - the WoM page 16 Mary Evans 4 years

Now there was I, revisiting former glories with a mid-morning cuppa when I click on the WoM page to discover that Genghis Cohen is the most recent winner. Realising that this couldn't possibly be...

I'm back! 2 antharrison 4 years

Hello everyone. The Nice Admin Lady has very kindly allowed me to log-in despite me complaining about the utility of the new portal. I've been operating under the name of interloper in the...

Just been over to 'the other side' 0 Scroat 4 years

It's still there, looks a bit threadbare. Not much happening. Some tumbleweed just went past. So most seem to have come over here...

I'm on the front page! 1 RichT 4 years

Yes I know your not meant to publicize yourself but seeing as my last one was about 2 years ago I can't help but feel chuffed. My life is no longer abject failure. grr, I'm a Tiger and all that...

for the more brave: my favourite piano concerto: bartok's 2nd. 1st movement 6 PluckyMunky 4 years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_36cPkLyvI&feature=related...

Quick links is now "Writers room". Getting closer! 9 rikkor 4 years

Just throw an apostrophe in at the end of "writers" and you'll be there...

Writers' Room held hostage: Day 17. 7 rikkor 4 years

A nation mourns...

Twitter writer in horror car crash 0 ronseal 4 years

www.twitter.com/OhThisBloodyPC...

a song from one of America's greatest:. charles ives 1 PluckyMunky 4 years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSr4bWGVvBE&feature=related you will either like it or not. i love it...

Losing my mind yet again. 3 The All New Jeni B 4 years

Did I just imagine it, or was there also an earthquake (7.3) off the coast of Okanawa in Japan last night? I [i]know[/i] I read it on the BBC site last night, but now, there is no trace of it...

Memories...... 0 The All New Jeni B 4 years

Mr Hack's rather lovely sardine story next door reminded me of the game of cyber sardines we played in my "bedroom" way back when I was a relative newbie. I don't think there's too many of the...