Topic — Add New » Comments Author Last Comment
Oh dear, I agree with Rikkor

I was going to concur with dear rik in the writers' room but that would have moved the Pulp fiction sub out of its inevitable obscurity...

4 beau-jolly 11.04.11 11:21am
simonjmr
What ever happened to?

Anybody know?...

2 Basil_B 10.04.11 9:13pm
Scroat
Great FP

I know it was written by proper people and all that so this may read as a mild toady, but I thought it was splendid. Had me cringing in recognition. My Dad still insists on referring to his...

0 shitsu_tonka 10.04.11 6:45am
shitsu_tonka
Newbiscuit

Just noticed that on the firefox tab for this page it says 'newbiscuit' not news. Just thought someone might want to know, not sure who though...

1 Screenie 09.04.11 9:44pm
OldThingy
Amazing Royal Wedding Twaddle.

You should see the stuff that "respectable" newspapers and journals are publishing here. I think the writers just sit down at their keyboards and let fly with whatever improbabilities come to mind....

2 rikkor 09.04.11 7:08pm
rikkor
Thank G-d we are killing socialized medicine here...

before it even gets started. If we don't, Canadians with money who require routine surgery will have to fly to Venezuela instead. As it is, they cross a bridge to Detroit, which is only slightly...

2 rikkor 09.04.11 6:03pm
rikkor
Nick Clegg caption competition

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z38/dcoxell/england-supporter-drink.jpg Any offers?...

3 Scroat 09.04.11 8:01am
ianslat
Whoever edited the Top Gear piece did a brilliant job!

I'm liking what you did, mysterious man or woman behind the scenes. Now go out and enjoy the sun! Or indeed The Sun. (There's a column by Jeremy Clarkson in there on Saturdays)...

0 ronseal 09.04.11 6:46am
ronseal
I met a single woman on Muslima.com...

who states in her profile "I love to get stoned." What do you suppose that means?...

4 rikkor 08.04.11 10:58pm
OldThingy
Spoken in jest

There is a saying that many a true word is spoken in jest. Reading some of the topics on Newsbiscuit It is sometimes hard to tell in some reports, where truth departs from funny fiction; which in...

2 OldThingy 08.04.11 7:02pm
OldThingy
Does anyone want a cement mixer? You have to pick it up though.

My friend's buggered off, and left me to clear out his lock up. Does anyone needs any roofing or guttering materials? Or wood? Tools? You can have the cement mixer free, as the wheel's a bit...

15 ronseal 08.04.11 6:53pm
Is it me...

or does Portuguese sound a bit Eastern European? Any enlightened soul like to comment? (Unlikely around here, I know, but worth a shot)...

5 FormerlyAlOPecia 08.04.11 6:52pm
The end of the world... a rant...

this morning I made the mistake of turning on BBC TV news. I heard a Doctor talking about the link between alcohol consumption and cancer refer to the oesophagus as 'the food pipe'. Dear God, what is...

9 be reasonable 08.04.11 6:32pm
rikkor
Is it me...

or is there a trend for starting posts with 'is it me?'...

3 be reasonable 08.04.11 4:44pm
OldThingy
March 2011 Writer of the Month – Des and Stan!

With the royal wedding at the end of this month, it seems only right that we come together as a nation to celebrate another match made in heaven, that of previous Writer of the Month winners Des...

25 editor 08.04.11 11:37am
ronseal
Utterly Butterly Brilliant FP this morning

Top of the class for all concerned. Or six of the best, whichever you'd prefer...

1 Mary Evans 08.04.11 11:12am
Scroat
Is it br or has the screen just gone back to normal?

It's just got smaller and I can see everything again...

1 07.04.11 1:20pm
be reasonable
Is it just me, or has the writers room gone wider?

I have 'move right' to see who posted. Perhaps Cat hit the magic combination of keys which changes screenview...

9 07.04.11 12:59pm
FormerlyAlOPecia
Best Acronym of the year

The British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (Baaps)...

0 simonjmr 07.04.11 9:37am
simonjmr
Best headline of the day...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12994961...

2 The All New Jeni B 07.04.11 9:20am
The All New Jeni B
Lovely FP stunts,

And not in the slightest based on real life...

6 The All New Jeni B 07.04.11 8:35am
jp1885
King, cauldron, LOLZ

Strong FP and NiBs (x2) today. Toadying congrats all round...

0 pinxit 07.04.11 7:44am
pinxit
Can anyone think of more disturbing lyrics than these?

I was hurtling along the autobahn this afternoon, listening to the radio, when I suddenly started paying attention to the verses of a song that was playing. The chorus was pretty standard "just you...

23 Golgo13 07.04.11 7:18am
ronseal
Anyone watch 'The Killing' on BBC4?

I have a question about the plot...

7 Scroat 06.04.11 9:47pm
Mary Evans
Saves on fuel costs if they don't take off...

Taxiing to the rescue? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12983294...

0 riesler 06.04.11 1:23pm
riesler
Gotta be a gag in here somewhere

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-12978065, I was thinking along the lines of being well-hard., When thieves broke into a house in Salford, little did they know the owner was a naked...

1 beau-jolly 06.04.11 1:19pm
riesler
Nice tune at lunchtime.

Sung by Georgian Conductor Jansug Kakhidze, with the Tblisi Orchestra. Found it on "Rites" by Jan Garbarek, Soprano Saxaphonist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP-BHfmotwY Lyrics lovely too:- My...

0 05.04.11 12:47pm
Disturbing image

Can't put my finger on it, but there is something a little worrying about the image on this website. http://www.plumms.co.uk/...

2 Scroat 05.04.11 12:38pm
Hello, first time plagiariser, I'm a bit nervous..... she's on the radio now!!!!

If you listen to LBC radio NOW (97.3 fm or www.lbc.co.uk) you can hear Julie Hartley Brewer doing the afternoon show She's a big fan of Newsbiscuit. In fact, her column in the Sunday Express had a...

6 ronseal 04.04.11 11:15pm
malgor
Vajazzle FP front page pic- posed or photoshopped

now this pic shows magnificent talent. Either the editor has photoshop skills that include conforming writing to the undulations of the bare lady garden OR they have persuasive skills that include...

13 Ironduke 04.04.11 7:58pm
Ironduke