Topic — Add New » Comments Author Freshness
Superb Blair memoirs extract Doctor Moptop 7 Genghis Cohen 3 years

Lovely writing and very funny - congratulations. Very much looking forward to further installments. And red, the Mills and Boon mock-up is pure brilliance. Never has Cherie looked so haunting. I...

Is this the new extreme sport? 2 FormerlyAlOPecia 3 years

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-11268644 You've got to hand it to him, 81 years young...

I'm off on holiday to the Isle of Wight 0 jp1885 3 years

I expect you all to have kissed and made up by the time I get back - whether you've fallen out with anyone or not!, TTFN - see you in a bit...

How to write a sub 2 Sinnick 3 years

As I've learned today, start with saying somethiung outlandish & end with a punchline. Just trying to help...

BBC Writing Competition 4 editor 3 years

Details here about a competition from the BBC Writers' Romm site http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/writersroom/2010/08/new_college_of_comedy_initiati.shtml...

© 5 Scroat 3 years
I can do impersonations! 2 riesler 3 years

http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/57dcd3a8ca942d54e17c6baeb0b127a4?s=48&d=identicon&r=pg Rory Bremner - pah!...

* 2 IABP 3 years
Whoever did the Nyar Zillund nib... 1 Oxbridge 3 years

congrats. Best Nib of the year. Had me spluttering coffee in the office...

A message to Basil, sibl, or whatever he's called and also toady Scroatum, 5 ramblesnake 3 years

while I'm here.Please don't send me any more private messages, if you don't mind. Instead of bothering me with your inability to read what I say to you; which has been pretty plain English a five...

Tags: how sad. 10 rikkor 3 years

It appears to Constant Reader that some people here are actually entering tags so that someone (who?) could actually search for one of their subs in the future. Very sad. The sole purpose of tags...

Anyone else think 'A Journey' is rather a dull name? 26 ianslat 3 years

Alternative suggestions? I'm thinking 'How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb'...

I can probably just delete this 2 bonjonelson 3 years

Indeed I can...

Golgo, great FP. 4 rikkor 3 years

Although, homeopathy is almost unknown in the US. (We have so many other crackpot schemes, it has not gained critical mass.)...

TWAT OF THE WEEK 5 Scroat 3 years

Must be Tony Blair, what with the book and all. And Fabio Capello for not going earlier. And anyone at the BBC who thinks Strictly Come Dancing is of the remotest importance in the overall scheme...

Still got it 29 years later... 6 riesler 3 years

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/sep/08/postnatal-depression-fathers-men...

Pay per roses 2 Des Custard 3 years

Message encrypted in case they are listening and the tin foil isn't working...

Daydream 1 4 MrChigleysAunt 3 years

I am in a suite of the Ritz, waiting to interview Madonna about her forthcoming album. An hour and a half after the appointed time, she sweeps in with her entourage. "This is MrChigleysAunt" says one...

When will the BBC realise that Strictly Come Dancing is not news? 7 ianslat 3 years

I'm sure they wouldn't be so interested if it was an ITV programme. Maybe all BBC news should be about BBC programmes...

Serious, uber-helpful suggestion. 12 rikkor 3 years

What about separating subs in the Writers' Room into ticker and sub sections? I think a lot of the better, more thought out efforts get overlooked in voting. In my not humble opinion, you just...

Help for newbies 25 jp1885 3 years

Hi folks - I've noticed more than one complaint from Biscuteers that their material isn't being marked or commented on. So I thought about offering some advice and hopefully prompt some other...

Thisisnotadrill - sabotage? 1 SingingHinny 3 years

This has to be someone taking the piss, or trying to make Newsbiscuit look stupid. The Daily Mash - revenge of the burka-wearing phone?...

Classic FP, Zadok. 2 rikkor 3 years

Vy. amusant...

Sunday Magazine: Philip Sollers's August Diary 10 Hunter F. Thompson 3 years

Philip Sollers’s August Diary L’Oréal, Who could not be proud to be French knowing that we have L’Oréal, that magnificent world-wide cosmetics enterprise? Everything about L’Oréal is...

Owl and pussycat NIB tasteless 4 ramblesnake 3 years

You should never soak these animals in salt water.An owl should be hung for a few days in your gamekeeper's kitchen, then roasted. Pussycats are best curried...

Why aren't we all complaining about the iniquitous scoring system anymore? 11 Zadok the second 3 years

Does this lack of whinge imply that it's actually working?...

Vy. nice Civil War FP 3 rikkor 3 years

We have them in the US as well. (For whatever reason, much more popular than American Revolution re-enactors.) Many fat middle-aged men playing the part of 18 year-old boy soldiers...

Christwire.org 3 rikkor 3 years

A satirical site, profiled in today's New York "Times". Some funny stuff. Hard to navigate today as, most likely, tens of thousands are checking it out for the first time...

Ask an atheist "where's your dead grandmother?" 17 rikkor 3 years

They all become as steadfast in their beliefs as vegetarians who are occasionally OK with shrimp, fish, chicken, and bacon and steak when their friends aren't looking...

How much Norfolk blood runs through N.i.B guest editors and W.O.M. winners ? - 2 50 cupid stunt 3 years

I'm going to split my spleen with this rant, it's not personal to anyone, it's just my frustration on a certain situation I've noticed. Every winner of the W.O.M award deserve their Newsbiscuit mug....