Topic — Add New » Comments Author Last Comment
Doctors call emergency political coup to force through 'important reforms'

Doctors’ leaders remained defiant last following criticism of their hastily-arranged ‘emergency political coup’ by MPs, as they aim to fundamentally change the way politics is performed in this...

1 dhaigh 22.02.12 8:48am
John Ffitch-Rucker
Scarred for life...

Wikipedia: "His parents, who ran a business selling tea cosies, put their son's name down in advance for a number of private schools with no idea how they were going to pay the fees, until at the...

8 Scroat 21.02.12 10:32pm
Scroat
Man caught on CCTV doing nothing sinister.

Security guards were perplexed when, as they watched Mr. Arthur Bramhall of Chorley Wood on CCTV cameras he appeared to do absolutely nothing out of the ordinary for at least 40 minutes before they...

0 ianrbland 21.02.12 7:31pm
ianrbland
Bicyclist versus bus

http://gawker.com/5886061/the-driver-vs-bicyclist-fight-is-way-more-violent-in-england I thought you were all supposed to have lovely manners...

16 rikkor 21.02.12 5:44pm
Gerontius
Shares in Hummous dip

Following the Greek bailout, markets have seen shares in Hummous dip, while the market in bread dough rises...

2 ianrbland 21.02.12 1:01pm
Qoxiivi
Bob-BAY!!

Newsbiscuit is whack...

8 rikkor 20.02.12 10:45pm
rikkor
Do they pay peanuts?

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/301525/20120220/kerala-india-coconut-tree-labor-shortage-monkey.htm...

0 riesler 20.02.12 6:01pm
riesler
Americans DO have a sense of irony.

Watching the first episode of ‘Homeland’, I noticed ‘The George Bush Center for Intelligence’ on a sign. A quick check on t’internet, and it’s real! Who’d have thought it?...

4 John Ffitch-Rucker 20.02.12 12:23pm
simonjmr
Usual NewsBiscuit favouritism...

I see Jeni B and Quaz are on the FP, as bloody usual. How about someone else getting a chance eh? :-) Tantamount! Excellent...

3 rickwestwell 19.02.12 11:52pm
Quaz
Haway the lads

Newcastle United have removed the "St James' Park" sign so they can sell the name of the ground for up to £10m. Any suggestions?, How about "The stadium of corporate greed"?...

14 beau-jolly 19.02.12 2:51pm
Vertically Challenged Giant
Chris Huhne - does anybody actually give a shit?

Does anybody really care if he was driving the car and lied about it? Heard the report of the beginning of the court case, and the reporter said "The question is whether a very senior politician...

7 Vertically Challenged Giant 18.02.12 11:24pm
Quaz
Ed,

could you please restore the unredacted version of my ‘world to be rearranged’ NIB to my profile page? You’ve left out all the sweary bits, of which I am inordinately proud., Thanks...

3 John Ffitch-Rucker 18.02.12 9:54pm
dvo4fun
Any one else had the same thought as me...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-17064638, Instead of analysing the soil, they should be looking for a knackered man with a guilty expression...

1 The All New Jeni B 18.02.12 12:06am
Fantastic FP, Clara

You don't often contribute, but when it does, it's absolutely spot on...

9 Sinnick 17.02.12 6:14pm
theumpire
Love the story about the Binatone Hadron Collider. I tweeted it to both my follo

wers It was from the archive. In fact, I'm getting nostalgic for the old days of Newsbiscuit. In a way, it was a simpler time back then. We were happier. You could leave your doors unlocked, so...

3 ronseal 17.02.12 1:51am
theumpire
Feel the love

My local takeaway has a poster in the window saying 'Valentine's Day Special: Cheeseburger Kebab with mayo heart on top'. Can anyone top that as the perfect Valentine's gift?...

8 shitsu_tonka 16.02.12 11:43am
John Ffitch-Rucker
Quantitative easing etc. - 2

Did HMRC really spend about £8m trying to reclaim tax from Harry Rednap? If there was only £200k in his dog's offshore account the most they could have hoped to get back is £80k. I'm sure if they...

48 beau-jolly 15.02.12 4:30pm
beau-jolly
How does this Top Ten work then?

I haven't troubled it over much myself, but thought it would be nice to know...

3 dvo4fun 14.02.12 12:25pm
writinginbsl
Funniest internet comment ever

Found this on [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAG9Xn5bJwQ]this youtube video[/url] Incredibly long and irrelevant comment stating extreme close-minded dislike towards opinion expressed in...

0 Dumbnews 14.02.12 6:46am
Dumbnews
BBC headline "Abu Qatada talks with Jordan"

since when did the bearded leftie bastards just go straight to the ticker punchline ? she's not my cup of tea, but then I suppose he has been in prison a while...

0 cinquecento 13.02.12 2:46pm
cinquecento
Ticker mistake?

Auntie Mary rather than granny?...

2 Scroat 13.02.12 12:06pm
Major Clanger
Did anyone see 10 O'Clock Live last night?

You know how gag writers for topical shows often nick gags from (sorry, have the same ideas as) Newsbiscuit? Why don't TV producers just officially source gags from this site? Surely, that would...

20 ronseal 12.02.12 9:24pm
Quaz
Dave and chums to have a chat about football

What a bandwagon jumping upon gibbon. I want to live in a world where my government spends its time doing something relevant and important not having a froth about the implications of a handshake...

1 shitsu_tonka 12.02.12 8:45pm
January Writer of the Month - Skylarking

Congratulations to Skylarking who wins the January Writer of the Month award for his story 'Waiting For Godot for Wii breaks first-week sales record'. Although the piece was originally published in...

14 editor 12.02.12 6:23pm
dvo4fun
religious supplement

one of the best games in town is covering religious news a la Newsbiscuit . Might there be a special section?...

0 nickb 12.02.12 11:37am
nickb
Finally, someone is taking the time to teach the Welsh how to crap indoors

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02134/toilet620_2134764b.jpg I guess this at least avoids one awkward question when you're interviewing a graduate from Swansea university for a job. ...

4 12.02.12 9:44am
godly1966
Good news from Wikipedia

"Alcohol has been found outside the Solar System. It can be found in low densities in star and planetary system forming regions of space."...

1 Scroat 12.02.12 12:00am
Quaz
Nice NiB on liberating children

Good work, LizzyG and Flash., I'd have thought it might be good enough for a FP, given a few more gags, but hey-ho...

1 Sinnick 10.02.12 4:51pm
Shock as office "wit" fails to describe ancient mobile phone as "like a brick"

Then he spoilt it all later by saying to a trainee "Good thinkin' Batman"., Don't want to come over all Gervais on your asses but sometimes office banter has me searching for my service revolver...

0 Hoops McCann 10.02.12 2:12pm
Hoops McCann
Argentinian Tango Hell

As the 30th Anniversary of the Falklands Island invasion approaches, British defence preparations on the island have escalated to unprecedented levels amidst rumours of an Argentine invasion. In a...

0 benrussell 10.02.12 11:00am
benrussell